Anki, the leading robotics and artificial intelligence (A.I.) company, and maker of two of the four best-selling premium toys last holiday, is in position to dominate this seasonās must-have lists with the launch of its newest robotics product, Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition. Arriving in the U.S. and Canada on Sept. 24, Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition, blends the most thrilling elements of Ankiās hit battle-racing game ā an unprecedented level of customization and interaction in a physical game, driven by powerful A.I. ā with the adrenaline-fueled world of Fast & Furious.
Featured in Amazonās Top 100 holiday toys list for this year, Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition pits players against the Toretto crew, including Dom, Hobbs, Letty and Tej. The iconic voices of the Fast & Furious characters help bring movie-like moments to life as players race and battle against their friends, family or the A.I. characters in two meticulously detailed robotic Supercars inspired by the high-octane vehicles from the films, including:
- International MXT ā Hobbsā iconic truck drives like its owner: Tough and steady. It rolls over obstacles, protected by its plated armor. The MXTās weapons are blunt and direct, causing massive destruction. Its primary weapon, the rocket launcher, fires a deadly missile with a huge area of effect that wipes out everything in its path.
- Ice Charger ā Dominic Toretto built his car for one purpose: Speed. He has no problem playing fast and loose, so long as he wins. Domās Ice Charger uses a Grappling Hook to gain advantage. Fire it into cars to pull yourself closer and slow down opponents.
With Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition, even the modular track pieces get more furious. Exclusive to the game is a new Power Zone track piece that triggers a massive āhackā that disables nearby opponents when players drive through it.
Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition is compatible with the existing Anki OVERDRIVE product ecosystem, including previously released Supercars and Expansion Kits. In order to play, the game requires a separate, free-to-download Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition app for iOS, Android or Fire OS, and compatible device (see here for list of compatible devices).
PRICE & AVAILABILITY
Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition will be available at major retailers in the U.S., including Amazon, Best Buy, Target, ToysāRāUs and Anki.com for $169.99. In Canada, the game will be available exclusively at Best Buy Canada for CA$229.99. Recommended age is 8 and up.
In addition to the U.S. and Canada, the Fast & Furious Edition will also launch this month in U.K., Germany, Australia and the Nordic countries.
Featuring tech so advanced that it feels like the future, Anki OVERDRIVE is the worldās most intelligent battle-racing system. Each Supercar is a self-aware robot, driven by powerful A.I. and equipped with deadly strategy. Whether players battle A.I. opponents or friends, their tactical options are unlimited. And with continuous software updates, the gameplay always stays fresh. Customize weapons. Swap out cars. Build new tracks. Itās easy to pick up, and nearly impossible to put down.
To date, Anki OVERDRIVE players have driven over 4.9M miles; played 5.4M hours; and, scanned 452M modular track pieces.Supporting Resources
- Vector is fully autonomous, cloud-connected, and always-on. While he is deceptively smart out of the box, heāll only become smarter over time thanks to over-the-air (OTA) updates.
- Vector wears his heart on his sleeve and isnāt shy about showing it on his high-res color IPS display. With around a thousand animations in Vector, he reacts to his environment in a way thatās not only full of personality but also meaningful. He even responds to human touch, thanks to the capacitive touch sensor built on his back.
- Vectorās got his head in the clouds but that doesnāt mean heās living in a fantasy world. Tapping into the Ask Vector feature, heāll provide instant answers to factual questions about real world people, places, and things.
- Vector is more than just a robot sidekick. He can help you become more productive by helping out with simple tasks. Ask him for the weather before you head out for the day and he will answer in his own, charming way. Cooking dinner? Setting a timer with Vector means no more overcooked meals in your future. You can even ask him to take a picture and he will intelligently frame the shot by recognizing the faces in it.
- And just because Vector is a helpful robot doesnāt mean he canāt also have a little bit of fun. You can prompt him to play a game of Blackjack and heāll even use his accessory Cube to play a handful of games with you. If he hears music, he may even dance to the beat.
- Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition homepage
- Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition supporting assets
- Anki OVERDRIVE: Fast & Furious Edition trailer
- Keep up with @Anki news & connect with us at: Twitter.com/Anki, Facebook.com/Anki, YouTube.com/Anki, and Instagram.com/Anki
Anki is harnessing robotics and artificial intelligence to deliver magical experiences that push the boundaries of the human experience. Founded in 2010 by three Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates, Anki creates consumer experiences using cutting-edge technology that was once confined to robotics labs and research institutes. For more information, visit www.anki.com.
ABOUT THE FAST & FURIOUS FRANCHISE
Over the course of eight films that have successively stoked passion in an ever-expanding audience and earned more than $5 billion at the worldwide box office, Universal Picturesā record-smashing homegrown franchise has become the studioās most-profitable and longest-running one. On social media platforms, fan following for the movies and cast has grown into the biggest of any active franchise. On the heels of 2015ās Furious 7, one of the fastest movies to reach $1 billion worldwide in box-office history and the sixth-biggest global title of all time, comes the newest chapter in one of the most popular and enduring motion-picture serials of all time: The Fate of the Furious, which debuted in theaters in April 2017 and became the biggest global opening of all time.
Peter Nguyen - Head of Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Cha - Communications Manager: email@example.com